Fuel cell testing of PEM systems
The testing and evaluation of complex fuel cell systems is linked to high dynamic requirements that exact highest accuracy and reliability. Therefore, HORIBA FuelCon designed the Evaluator SX200-LT - dedicated to fuel cell system testing.
The design allows endurance testing and accelerated life time simulation which can be optimized for the typical needs of stationary or mobile applications. The system includes modern state-of-the-art safety features like a closed test cabin or an integrated ventilation system with LEL hydrogen detectors and door monitoring to safeguard the operator and your facility. Due to our open automation system architecture, the integration of environmental chambers, shakers or tilt units is a standard procedure.
High dynamic operation is perfectly supported by our sophisticated and powerful TestWork automation software. The integration of CAN devices or third party hard- and software is as mandatory as real-time trend charts or an extensive export manager. Furthermore, TestWork enables fully automated, unattended operation of single test stations or complete test fields for long term testing.
The integration of energy efficient TrueData X-HVT charge-discharge units helps to reduce operational expenses by using modern IGBT technology for optimized energy recovery.
Furthermore the Evaluator SX200-LT offers:
- Power range 250+ kW
- Temperature range up to 130 °C
- Fully automated, unattended operation
- Simulation of different reformer gas characteristics
- Flexible thermal and electrical load management
- Simulation of vehicle cooling circuit
- Dynamic temperature and pressure management
- Several stationary and dynamic humidification technologies (optional)
- PLC controlled with multi-level alarm management
- Optional integration of HiL (hardware-in-loop) systems and simulation environments
- Real-time level for fast communication of CAN devices
- Fast data logging up to 1 ms for various sensor signals
- Conditioning of inlet air and ambient air down to -40 °C
- Two-axle tilt unit +/- 45 °
|Test item||PEM fuel cell systems|
For further detailed information please read our product description “Evaluator-LT” or our technical data sheets, that are available at our download area.
Or just give us a call! We will be happy to discuss your requirements.